Stereoscopic vision

When one is under the influence of alcohol his vision
of the outside is very close to that of viewing through a stereoscope.
What I mean is that the relative distances of the objects are much
more clear. Is this the experience of the others also? I think that
this is due to the relaxed state of the muscles controlling the
focussing mechanism of the eye in the intoxicated state.
Right now I am sending this letter in that state. What I view is very
close to that when two matched pictures are viewed through a
stereoscope.

regards,

Sarma.