Re: Feynman and Garfunkel

A bit of history to clear up any possible confusion on this:

In 1993 I finished two years filling Sabbaticals at Acadia University.
The last lecture I gave was to be the review for 4th year Statistical
Mechanics. I decided to go out with a bang, so I sang the review. I
borrowed the tune to "Sea Cruise" and called it "Review" (as in "won't
you let me take you on a - Review"). While its not easy to find a rhyme
for "Grand Canonical Partition Function", nevertheless the song was a
hit. In fact the students were able to quote it appropriately on the
final exam. Thus began a tradition of rewriting songs for my classes.

Unfortunately, I've lost the original words for "Review". The song Lisa
has quoted is my reworking of Simon and Garfunkel's "Homeward Bound".
This was written in 1994 at the University of Winnipeg. This is the one
I've used most often because it isn't restricted to a particular class.
The page she cites from my humor site contains various bits and pieces
that I could find of these songs.

Lisa Gardner wrote:

As I was meandering through a Physics Humor site I found a song by one
of our favorite physics men: Feynman.

enjoy
Lisa Gardner (age 10)

http://www.escape.ca/~dcc/phys/physongs.html

Homework Bound
by Feynman and Garfunkel

I'm sittin' in the railway station, got a ticket for my destination
(mmmm)
I'm off to University, I'm goin to get my BSc
Because it is the best degree To put Physics on my C.V.

Homework bound
No time to pause
Homework bound
Homework - but my thoughts keep straying
Homework - there is no escaping
Homework - or an F lies waiting
Silently for me
Every day's an endless stream
Of lectures books and magazines
But each class looks the same to me
Derivatives are all I see
Or integrals dxyz
I need another pot of coffee

Homework bound
No time to pause
Homework bound
Homework - but my thoughts keep straying
Homework - there is no escaping
Homework - or an F lies waiting
Silently for me

Tonight I'll hit the books again
With some paper and a pen (mmmm)
Assignments coming back to me
With shades of mediocrity
The marker writes "It's plain to see
The time has come when you should be homework bound"
Oh, no time to pause

--

Doug Craigen
http://www.dctech.com/physics/about_dc.html