Re: Computers in the lab. /diatribe/

You raise an interesting question: how do you know when you are
successful in getting students to " 'see' the motion represented by
distance and velocity graphs"?
I agree with your objection to bad metaphors, by the way.
Regards,
Jack

Adam was by constitution and proclivity a scientist; I was the same, and
we loved to call ourselves by that great name...Our first memorable
scientific discovery was the law that water and like fluids run downhill,
not up.
Mark Twain, <Extract from Eve's Autobiography>