Slamming OT

I have been getting repeated notices from USWest and now Quest that I
should sign a document which will allow the phone company NOT to switch my
service from my current carrier to another.

They seem to be putting a lot of effort into this project. These continual
offers make my paranoid mind nervous. What do _they_ get out of it??

Why do they need my permission not to switch my service without my
permission. Why don't they just not switch it _until_ they _get_ my
permission???

All this seems Byzantine to me. Anybody have a clue?

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen