Re: high school nuclear science

"Bennett, Jonathan" wrote:

hello,

I am in search of a nuclear science textbook that would be
appropriate for bright high school students. A book that
emphasizes basic physics, chemistry and biology and
also treats applications of nuclear science in medicine,
industry ...

The book which impressed me in high school (not a textbook)
was "The Atomic nucleus" by M. Korsunsky. It is available
from Dover Publications (I think).

A textbook "Nuclear Radiation Physics" by R.E. Lapp and
H.L. Andrew would likely be appropriate for students you
described. Check with Prentice-Hall if it is available.
Ludwik Kowalski