Re: high school nuclear science

I would like to add one more title, also very appropriate for
high school students. It is "Nuclear Energy, An Introduction
to Concepts, Systems, and Applications of Nuclear Processes"
by R. L. Murray. I have the 3rd edition (1988). Check with
Pergamon Press if it is still available.

Ludwik Kowalski wrote:

"Bennett, Jonathan" wrote:

hello,

I am in search of a nuclear science textbook that would be
appropriate for bright high school students. A book that
emphasizes basic physics, chemistry and biology and
also treats applications of nuclear science in medicine,
industry ...

The book which impressed me in high school (not a textbook)
was "The Atomic nucleus" by M. Korsunsky. It is available
from Dover Publications (I think).

A textbook "Nuclear Radiation Physics" by R.E. Lapp and
H.L. Andrew would likely be appropriate for students you
described. Check with Prentice-Hall if it is available.
Ludwik Kowalski