Re: International Physics Olympaid - Creative response Examination

Dear Warren,

Thank you for your response.

PSRC website has many multiple choice type tests but only some of the
problem type tests. I understand the latter are conducted every year by one
country. I was wondering whether there is one place where we can get all
of them including those of previous years. Was the IPO conducted before
1995?

Yes. There is a book that has been published that has reproduced all
of the IPhO problems from the beginning up to 1995. It's title is
"International Physics Olympiads: Problems and Solutions from 1967 to
1995," by C Manilerd (ISBN: 974-530-037-3). He is at the Rangsit
University in Bangkok, and the book is published in Thailand
(although written in English). If it is still available, it can be
obtained through the Rangsit University Bookstore.
The address of the bookstore is:

52/347 Rangsit University. Muang-Ake
Phaholyoyen Rd. Luhok. Muang
Phathumthani 12000
Thailand

As I recall, the price is US$25.

I haven't looked at the PSRC site, to see what they have there, but
if they don't have the problems from the international competitions,
at this point the best place to get them would probably be to request
them from the sponsoring institutions: 1996: Universty of Oslo,
Norway; 1997: Sudbury University, Canada; 1998: University of
Reykjivik, Iceland; 1999: University of Padua, Italy. This year's
competition is in Leicester, England, but I don't know what the
sponsoring school is.

Good Luck in your search.

Hugh
--