From: John Mallinckrodt [mailto:ajmallinckro@CSUPOMONA.EDU]
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2000 9:52 AM
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Subject: Re: Neutrino & Anti-Neutrino

On Wed, 29 Mar 2000, Shapiro, Mark wrote:

The difference between the neutrino and anti-neutrino is the "helicity",
which is the projection of the particle spin on its direction of motion.
As
I recall (I've got a 50-50 chance of being correct on this one), the
neutrino has a left-handed helicity while the anti-neutrino has a
right-handed helicity.

Hmm ... If neutrinos have mass, does this mean that one person's neutrino
is another person's antineutrino and, therefore, that one person's beta-
decay is another person's beta+ decay?