Re: Current in a wire

At 2:03 PM -0800 3/22/00, John Denker wrote:

At high frequencies, it travels only near the surface. Reason: the
current is deflected by its own magnetic field.

I'm afraid this statement might mislead someone who knows about
the pinch effect. (I don't think I know what it means either.)
The skin effect is derived as a solution of Maxwell's equations
at a conducting surface.

Leigh