Re: webassign

--Boundary_(ID_M9Ggc1cVUUG5JszvavYvsA)

Does anyone have experience using web-based homework software
systems such as WebAssign?

They have an ad in the March edition of TPT and demo sites at
<webassign.net> for students, and <webassign.net/faculty.html> for
faculty. Use demo for the username, institution, and password.

I would like some feedback from anyone who has used this or other
such services.

Thanks.

John Crookston
Forest Hills High School
Sidman, PA 15955

crook@cablecomm-pa.cpm

I tried to use WebAssign last year, but found its user interface to
be very cumbersome, and after several tries I gave up on it. The
folks who created it tell me that they have extensively reworked the
interface and that it is now much more user-friendly. I started to
try it again this year, but other things got in the way and I never
got back to it. I have no doubt is that they have considerably
improved it. I have found the NC State group responsible for this
concept to be very responsive to their users. It is being used by
quite a few schools and I'm sure there are others on this list who
have more recent experience than I who can provide more up-to-date
information. My general impression is that to make optimum use of it,
you need to have it in place and operating by the beginning of the
school year, and it would be a good idea to spend some time in the
summer learning its ins and outs, especially how to correct
errors--this is where I had most trouble. I will also take the
students a little time to learn the system, so you need to program
that into your class schedule.

Hugh

Hugh Haskell
<mailto://hhaskell@mindspring.com>