Rolling Motion

I've started rolling motion, and have always wondered about the best way to
introduce this to students. I presented a lecture today and am asking for
suggestions about this topic. I started by asking the question:

Can a force contribute to or "cause" an acceleration without doing work?

Another question I discussed is:

When does static friction do work?

I then went on to discuss a box sliding on a horizontal surface, a wheel
rolling on a horizontal surface without slipping, a car and then a disk on an
incline.

How do others approach this topic? If you wish to view my lecture notes they
are at:

http://www.mctc.mnscu.edu/~carlsoro.faculty/physastr/physics/phys211/index.htm

Click on the Wednesday Lecture Notes link to see this lecture.

Bob Carlson