Re: da/dt = jerk?

Thank you for helping me get this straightened out.

If a person were shot vertically out of a gun and at the moment of zero
vertical velocity, he/she reached above their head and grasped a
conveniently placed trapezes bar, their arms would quite suddenly
experience a force equivalent to his/her weight. If their body and the
trapezes support were rigid, the appearance of the force would be a very
fast step function.

You've got it, and a very nice example, too. I'd work on those
pronouns, however. Is it really worth sacrificing the clarity
of what is otherwise an excellent example to be so ridiculously
incusive? Would it injure anyone's sensibilities if the subject
of this circus gedankenstunt were to be imagined to have a
well defined sex?

Leigh