Re: A weighty subject

In a message dated 10/14/99 3:44:39 PM Central Daylight Time,
Joel_Rauber@SDSTATE.EDU writes:

I think you are setting up straw men to knock over.

Joel

Joel,

The fact is, that the current definition I see in most textbooks also concurs
with the "legal" definition as used by our government and other governments
in business and commerce. Or am I wrong here? If one wishes to change the
definition of weight, I don't think it is as simple as debating it on PHYS-L.
So, where are the straw men? By all means, if the scientific community
wishes to change the definition, then I will agree to the majorities view
point. But remember, the majority that decides on standards and definitions
may not just be the scientific community.

Bob