Re: Misconceptions FAQ

... it would mean that various people would take charge of
providing summaries to cover each item [threads].

Not a bad idea, BUT how on Earth are we going to come to
agreement on these mis-concepts and what are the correct ideas?

For example, _I_ volunteer to write the section re "heat" and
"tidal bulges" (:-)

I think that a person committed to a thread (topic) should
write on it. If there were no agreement then the author should
state so and describe conflicting points of view. Yes, the
item on heat was very controversial.

But the fact that some topics come over and over and over
is natural. We teach same things each year and we are
facing the same misconceptions over and over and ...
Let the green house misconception be an example. I do
remember it being discussed but the two recent messages
were interesting and useful. Only two messages instead
of about ten in theirs round.

And there are always people to whom the topics are new.
I see no harm of returning to topics, as long as there are
people willing to discuss them.

Will be glad to write an item about the inequality of
equilibrated charges on capacitors in series. But I prefer
to do this after seeing the format of one or two contributions
from others. Perhaps Don's piece about light bulbs can
become a model? He said he already worked on it.
Ludwik Kowalski