Re: Misconceptions FAQ

If enough of us agree that expanding Ludwik's list into a FAQ would be
worthwhile it would mean that various people would take charge of
providing summaries to cover each item. Finding places to post the FAQ
would be quite easy. For one, I would certainly be happy to put a
mirror onto my University of Winnipeg pages.

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

Doug Craigen
Latest Project - the Physics E-source
http://www.dctech.com/physics/

Doug,

I am also willing to make webspace available or reference your FAQ pages.
And much of this information is available in the PHYS-L archives to
anyone who wants to dig it out and reformat/edit/rephrase it. Full non-
PHYS_L references should also be checked and cited appropriately. I'd
like to state that I took one discussion on PHYS-L w while back (light bulb
filaments), and used it as one of several resources to write an article
accepted by THE PHYSICS TEACHER and now in revision. We added a lot of
external reference materials and SEM images in that case.

I STRONGLY encourage you to choose a topic, cull the sources together and
start an appropriate page. With enough external references, pictures and
writing, you could publish the work, earn tenure, pay the mortgage etc.

Best regards,

Dan M

Dan MacIsaac, Assistant Professor of Physics and Astronomy, Northern AZ Univ
danmac@nau.edu http://purcell.phy.nau.edu PHYS-L list owner