Magnetosphere question...

OK, here's another question I've got that piques my interest.

How sensitive are magnetic field variations due to the fact that the planet
rotates within the magnetosphere? There is a debate among some of my
martial artist friends that there are cycles in the body influenced by
magnetic fields. I don't think the effect is readily detectable on the
surface, but I could be mistaken. I know that there should be some sort of
cyclical variation to a field reading at a given point due to the fact that
your coordinate system is rotating within an asymmetric field, but I have
no feel for the magnitude.

Thanks!

-G-
Gordon Smith