Re: Howard Voss' Testimony

But does Raytheon also offer sick days, health insurance, sabbaticals,
paid pensions, lots of paid holidays including 10 days off at Xmas and
another 10
days at Easter? ....and what happens when Raytheon loses a big contract
and may not get another one for several weeks or months?

Well, I worked for Lockheed (Sunnyvale). Yes to sick days,yes to health
and dental insurance, yes to leave without pay, yes to a pension, yes to
10 paid holidays (5 were between xmas/new years). And the biggest yes of
all, an eight hour work day.

This last point is the one that sticks in my craw -- but let's not not go
there.

And as far as losing contracts (and hence employees), it may be analogous
to declining enrollments - downsizing happens.

Sherry Brown
browns@eskimo.com