Re: CBL/ Mag Field Sensor/Horse and cart

<
< I read this query and the helpful responses. I could not help
pondering on
< the nature of the question and wonder if the cart is preceding the
horse.

< Just pondering.
< Ken Fox
< Smoky Hill High School
< kfox@stega.smoky.org
<

Ken,

Thanks for the input.
My thought in purchasing the mag field probe was to allow students
to construct a greater feeling of magnetic field strengths, the causes
of magnetic fields, and a method to quantify magnetic fields beyond
the angle of deflection of a small compass needle. Of course I had
already used some of the labs out of Physics for CBLs (and WOW,
one of the authors responds!).

I agree we should think carefully about what we teach and how we
do it. Thanks for the input. Hope to see you at Six Flags for
Physics Day this Thursday.

Best Wishes,

Mike Wilson
mwilson@colosys.net