Re: CBL/ Mag Field Sensor

--- Mike Wilson wrote:
<From: Mike Wilson mwilson@colosys.net>

I would like to use the Vernier Magnetic Field
Sensor with the CBL
units in a high school physics course.

What ideas would the list suggest for measurement?
My current thoughts: strength of the earth's mag
field, increasing mag.
field strength with current (?is this possible with
the probe)...

I think your best bet in finding stuff to use the sensor with is to
check out the Physics with the CBL book by Vernier software. It has
some great activities. They even have one for download at their web
site, www.vernier.com It involves the use of a Slinky as a solenoid
and measuring the strength of the Magnetic Field inside while varying
current and number of turns.

Shawn