Re: Y2K [was: Re: Gravity and pi]

-----Original Message-----
From: Glenn Knapp <kahuna@VCN.COM>

I suspect that the average citizen regards those who raise arguments to
postpone the celebration of the millennium to the year 2001 as hopelessly
disconnected from reality and too involved in musty, academic minutiae.

I'm going to be excited on 31 Jan 1999. Actually I think 1999 is going to
be
neat - the last of the one thousands.

Glenn

How about 2002, the second palidrome year in our lifetimes (I hope). We'll
have to wait until 2112 for another.
My excitement knows no bounds. ;-)

Rick

P.S. I've got some new FREE software up--see below.

***********************
Richard W. Tarara
Associate Professor of Physics
Department of Chemistry & Physics
Saint Mary's College
Notre Dame, IN 46556
rtarara@saintmarys.edu

Free Physics Instructional Software:

NEW WIN 95/98/NT SOFTWARE NOW AVAILABLE!

see http://www.saintmarys.edu/~rtarara/ for details.