Re: If it doesn't work...

Ludwig wrote
Joseph did clarify the situation in which two like charges seem to
attract rather than to repel each other. . The tape
we used did behave as described by Bruce Sherwood. It was very
inexpensive; I do not remember the name of the manufacturer.

In their Instrutors manual, Ruth Chabay and Bruce Sherwood said they used
Rite-Aid invisible tape.
Here in Australia, I used a generic brand from the local supermarket and
had no problems.
I've used their text now both for undergraduate science teachers-to-be and
for an inservice Graduate Certificate course. I found it excellent; my
students say it's one of the best physics text they have encountered, if
not the bes; criteria: easy to read, easy to follow easy to study from,
helped them understand what was happening
Brian McInnes

--
Dr Brian McInnes
School of Physics

13 Galston Crescent
Leura 2780
0247 842 615
--

"What's the go of it" the young James Clerk Maxwell.