RE: REPLY TO ALL, text misconceptions

Hello all:

I've never seen these misconceptions in any textbook. That
may be because I've managed to avoid the more incoherent texts,
but I doubt it. :-)

39) The electrons drift slowly during an electric current in a metal,
they do not move at or near the speed of light.

40) Electric current is not always and forever a flow of negative charge.
When an electric current passes through the earth, through water, or
through people, positive and negative charges flow, but not electrons.

I think we should enforce the distinction between the mis-
conceptions of the masses, and the particularly disturbing
ones that "survive" into the books. Maybe #40 qualifies, but
I don't think #39 should.

John