Re: nuclear hazards

GARY HEMMINGER wrote:

I've never been able to understand those who argue in favor of
nuclear power. We are constantly creating more and more nuclear
waste with these plants, and there is still no where to put it!
And who is proposing to dispose of it safely? The government!
Doesn't that make one just a little bit nervous?

I object!!!!

What is created in a nuclear power plant? Are we ancient magicians that
we can create something from nothing, or are we efficient alchemists
that we can take a simple harmless material and turn it into something
harmful that didn't exist beforehand? Perhaps the problem is not in the
plants but in the material disposal methods and places. I believe the
plutonium existed long before the plants.

--
Jerry Hester Email: jhester@mtu.edu
Dept. of Physics Phone: (906) 487-2273