Re: nuclear hazards

Gary Hemminger says
I've never been able to understand those who argue in favor of
nuclear power. We are constantly creating more and more nuclear
waste with these plants, and there is still no where to put it!
And who is proposing to dispose of it safely? The government!
Doesn't that make one just a little bit nervous?

Gary,
There are plenty of safe ways to dispose of nuclear waste - - including
reprocessing. The problem is not the science or engineering, but a
scientifically and mathematically ignorant public that is also superstitious
about radiation and the associated media hype that takes advantage of this
superstition. Nuclear power will come - when it gets dark and people get
cold.

Frank from Livermore