Re: Lenz's Law?

How do you monitor the difference between room temperature and LN
temperature currents?

The cold ring flys further, faster, showing a greater current =>
greater opposing magnetic field.

Ah! but the effect is confounded with another. When the ring is cooled
its mass diminishes (E = mcc).

The demos of this that I have seen only send a single pulse of >current
thru the coil, making the Lenz's Law explanation more >beleivable.

Since the ring goes flying high at the onset of the switch, wouldn't this
qualify as the effects of a single pulse?

I reckon the ring leaves the pole in less than 4 ms or so, before
the next half cycle has a chance to complicate things.

Well, let's see. It has to move, say, 2 cm in that 4 ms. That's an
average speed of 5 m/s, or a final speed of about ten m/s. How high
do you suppose the ring would fly if your reckoning were accurate?

Leigh

(Just kidding about the first item, of course)