Fast Bullet Anti-Grav

At 10:51 10/30/97 -0800, you wrote:

Leigh

(I thought John Mallinckrodt's observation about a retarding force
having a greater than first power velocity dependence providing
effective lift to be a revelation here. I'd never heard of such a
thing, but it is obviously true - and significant. It explains for
me why bullets fired from a rifle don't fall with acceleration g.
I have written an authority for information on this topic and I
will, of course, share it when I get it.)

The best exterior ballistics programs use methods rather
like the flight simulator uses.
So I expect Leigh is going to be a little disappointed about
the significance of John's retarding force which depends on
dynamic pressure in this case...

Regards

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK