Re: Buoyant Bullets

At 5:12 PM -0800 10/30/97, brian whatcott wrote:

Ludwik seems readily amazed today - so let me do my little to help.
How about a retarding force formula *greater* than the bullet's weight.

Gee whizz! That means that a bullet fired straight down at mach 2
would DECELERATE!

I'd be willing to bet it would. Is that a surprising result? I'd be
shocked to find any real retarding force at one atmosphere pressure
that would *not* decelerate a bullet fired downward at mach 2.

Leigh