Re: The troubles

Enough. I could go on and on. My contention is that 30 years ago it was
easier to find worthwhile stuff on TV. Now it is so awash in garbage that
finding the few worthwhile offerings is nigh impossible. TV may not be the
cause of the problems with the schools, but it sure hasn't helped any, and
my guess is that while it clearly isn't the only source of the trouble, it
is certainly one of them.

I realize I'm prolonging a nonphysics discussion, but many here do not
watch television. I watch a lot of it, and I try to watch things that I
consider worth my time. Perhaps I have a low standard, but I find many
things worth watching and I only watch a fraction of them. Last night
there was an excellent "Frontline" on the Clintons's Arkansas affairs.
I've not seen anything nearly so complete elsewhere, and complete
documentation was offered on the PBS web site as well. If I wanted to
pursue this further I could *easily* do so. Since the Clintons aren't
my problem (we've got our own bad-apple politicos) I won't pursue it,
but the ready availability of information via TV and the internet beats
anything I've ever seen before. The night before I watched an excellent
biography of Truman. Here in Vancouver we have *two* PBS stations,
Seattle and Detroit, and other worthwhile stuff you might not see in
the US. BC has its own excellent educational channel. (Yes, I am a
paying member of the Seattle PBS station.)

Oh, yes. I also like "NYPD Blue". I thought I'd throw that in for
balance.

Leigh