Physical Science Survey

I have been working on improving our Physical Science course and am
interested in what others may be doing (or not doing) in this area. I would
greatly appreciate anyone who could take a moment to respond to the
following questions. Please respond to me directly to help reduce traffic on
the list. I will post a summary of the responses to the list if anyone's
interested.

1. Do you offer a course in Physical Science? (if no, then you only need
respond to Question 2)

2. Does your institution have a course in Earth Science?

3. If you offer a Physical Science Course, what text do you use?

4. If you offer a Physical Science Course, what (if any) prerequisites does
it have?

5. If you offer a Physical Science Course, is their a lab associated with it?

6. If you offer a Physical Science Course, what sciences do you include
(physics, astronomy, chemistry, meteorology, geology, other)?

7. If you offer a Physical Science Course, do you find that you spend most
of the course on topics in physics or are all the sciences you cover more or
less equally treated?

8. If you offer a Physical Science Course, is it offered and taught by the
Physics Department or are other departments involved?

9. If you offer a Physical Science Course, do you include any work on the
ways and means of science in general (for example the Scientifc Method, the
branches of science, etc.)
R. Allen Shotwell
Chair, Science and Math
Ivy Tech State College