Re: The troubles -Reply

I believe that should be Lester Thurow ... and I like him too.

Lew

At 12:32 AM 10/9/97 EDT, you wrote:
I asked:

What does this have to do with physics or physics teaching?

Tom answered:

Lester Thoreau put it succinctly. Capitalism does some things well.
One of the things communism does well is education as a result of which
physics and math academic jobs are being filled from the FSU (Former
Soviet Union).

Oh, I get it. Of course. Thanks for clearing that up.

David Bowman
dbowman@gtc.georgetown.ky.us

p.s. I like Lester. He makes the 'dismal science' interesting--if not
necessarily enjoyable.