Re: Uncl: Astronomy Down Under

Hi,
If you put your student into email contact with me, I can find some
knowledgeable people here for her to correspond with, from the major
astro. teaching institutions.
Cheers
Margaret

I have a student who is determined to by an astronomer (I corrupter her in Phys
ics I) and is equaly taken with Australia. She wants to combine the two intere
sts so her questions (1) which universities in Australia have astronomy (bachlo
r and graduate) programs (2) How difficult is it to transfer hours from a US co
mmunity college (3) Would she be better off (carreer wise, research wise) to re
main in the US? As I did not even know where to begin I hoped some one could h
elp me with sources etc. Thanks in advance

Don Mathieson________________dmathie@vm.tulsa.cc.ok.us
Tulsa Community College______918-595-7485
3727 East Apache
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74115

Dr. Margaret Mazzolini
School of Biophysical Sciences and Electrical Engineering
Swinburne University of Technology
P.O. Box 218,
Hawthorn VIC 3122 Australia
email: mmazzolini@swin.edu.au
phone: (61 3) 9214 8084 fax: (61 3) 9819 0856