Re: ??? ??? ???

At 6:44 PM -0600 9/6/97, Dewey Dykstra, Jr. wrote:
There is no shanty in the world too poor to possess a TV.

Yours ( not especially with tongue in cheek )

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK

Brian:
I can only assume that you've never actually been in a 3rd world country.
In such countries it is easy to find 10's of thousands of tin and straw mat
hovels whose occupants cannot afford a TV. From personal experience I can
attest that such is true in countries such as Senegal and large areas of
non-3rd world countries such as Mexico.

Dewey

To echo Dewey;s sentiments, I recently spent ten days in the Yucatan
peninsula of Mexico with my family. We spent a few days in a resort which
had AC and Tv with CNN, ESPN, a Mexican channel, a French channel and a
German channel. Then we went into the countryside and visited many villages
which do not have electricity!

Richard Grandy
Rice University