Re: ??? ??? ???

At 18:44 9/6/97 -0600, you wrote:
There is no shanty in the world too poor to possess a TV.
I can only assume that you've never actually been in a 3rd world country.
In such countries it is easy to find 10's of thousands of tin and straw mat
hovels whose occupants cannot afford a TV. From personal experience I can
attest that such is true in countries such as Senegal and large areas of
non-3rd world countries such as Mexico.

Dewey

My observations are confined to this country.
The cardboard shacks to which I refer are much
less grand than tin and straw mat hovels.

In Australia, I hear the tin rooves are pandemic
in country areas..
In England, I hear the (wheat) straw cottage rooves
are picturesque ( and far too expensive for my pocket.)

And I agree, my statement is too strong.
Try this for size.
I do feel that most shanty dwellers can find access to a TV,
in the U.S., and in other third world places...

Or would you rather stay with Hollywood conceptions of how
some of our countrymen live?

Sincerely

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK