Re: Bridge Contests

At 08:19 AM 8/21/97 -0400, you wrote:
I am thinking of doing some type of bridge building competition as a
cooperative effort between one of my Physics classes and one of the design
classes in our art department. I know that I did such a thing several
years ago with my students building bridges with glue and popcycle sticks,
but I can't remember the specifics.(How many sticks allowed, the size of
the bridge, the size of the opening in the bridge, etc.) Does anyone out
there have specifics of a bridge building competition they used
successfully?

Thanks.

Try: Our Science Olypics site at:
http://quark.physics.uwo.ca/sfair/scienceo.htm

The following site was advertised at the AAPT meeting in Denver:

http://www.iit.edu/~hsbridge/

Regards,

Patrick W. Whippey EMail: pwhippey@julian.uwo.ca
Department of Physics & Astronomy Phone: 519-661-2111 x 6431
University of Western Ontario Fax: 519-661-2033
London Ont N6A 3K7