Re: Bridge Contests

On Thu, 21 Aug 1997 08:19:42 -0400 (EDT) Ron Curtin
<curtin@oven.ccds.charlotte.nc.us> writes:
I am thinking of doing some type of bridge building competition as a
cooperative effort between one of my Physics classes and one of the
design
classes in our art department. I know that I did such a thing several
years ago with my students building bridges with glue and popcycle
sticks,
but I can't remember the specifics.(How many sticks allowed, the size
of
the bridge, the size of the opening in the bridge, etc.) Does anyone
out
there have specifics of a bridge building competition they used
successfully?

Thanks.

P.S. Are you sure you want to get into the fine art of bridge building
concerning which much special knowledge and technique is required?