Re: Jacob's Ladder

This is an interesting and provocative question.

I first ask if the Jacob's ladder demo is likely to be more emissive than say
a large neon sign, which uses an 8000+ volt 1+ milliamp transformer type.

I am handicapped by my ignorance of the particular spectral sensitivities
of typical pacemakers, but I would offer this opinion at the conjectural
level:

An electromagnetic hazard to a pacemaker may be covert or evident on the
face of it. A hidden hazard which may suddenly turn on is certainly the more
dangerous kind.

Here the risk is somewhat evident to a person who may reasonably be expected
to be on the look out for em hazards.
I fancy that a discreet warning sign of the kind carried by restaurants with
microwaves might be suffucient. I would expect that a susceptible pacemaker
would show a graduated response depending on its distance from the emission.
This is clearly a desirable sort of response - if the devise must
malfunction
at all.
As to other hazards, there is a modest airborne pollution with metal
particles,
a modest uplift in ozone ( which is a severe bronchial irritant) and a modest
contribution of UV

Regards

Brian Whatcott