Re: A/D board recomendation?

On Tue, 15 Apr 1997, John D. Sample wrote:

At 10:42 AM on 4/15/97, <phys-l@mailer.uwf.edu> wrote:

Hi,

Can anyone recomend an A/D board with the following capabilities:
Thanks
kyle

Depending on how much arms and legs cost up north, you might want to look
at National Instruments products. They have a Lab-NB board for $700-800
which far exceeds your requirements and makes many other things possible
too. They require NuBUS machines. They come with some kind of programming
language (NIDAQ?) but I've never used it. But a real bargain would be the
student version of LabVIEW which is made to control these cards.

If I remember correctly they can be reached at 1-800-IEEE-488 or 1-800-433-3488.

I have no affiliation with them, I just use their stuff in my Physics Lab
courses.

Chip

Just a word of support for LabVIEW and National Instruments. I have not
used it with Macs, but I am using it with MSWIN (486s and pentiums) with
the LAB-PC interface card. Even with the educational discount the LAB-PC
card is a little more that the above price, BUT it works well AND I (and
my students) are extremely pleased with LabVIEW. It is 99% graphical --
no traditional code to write! National Instruments has included so much
pre-written sub-vis (i.e., subroutines) that it is very easy to construct
very sophisticated programs (virtual instruments, i.e., vis). I have
found the support staff to be very easy to work with, very knowledgable
and very responsive.

I recommend that readers explore their educational support and discounts.

bob

* bob muir voice: (910) 334-5669 *
* physics & astron. e-mail: bob_muir@uncg.edu *
* unc greensboro *