Re: Computers

I have a PC lab in my room at school and a Mac at home. We constantly have
problems with our PC network at school. To the point that most students
have never touched a keyboard except to move it out of the way. It may the
brand of PC's, it may be the cabling, it may be stray voltage problem that
went undetected in the room for the first two years of the labs life, it
may be....?

I doubt the pc has anything to do with the network problems.

Recently, while working at home I had a system error, probably because I
was emailing, word processing, surfing and working on some layout at the
same time. He said it was because of the type of computer I was using. I
laughed and relayed atleast I could open all of those at once, something
we are unable to do at school.

I daily have Word (V7), a spreadsheet (Quattro Pro or Excel), Netscape Gold,
Eudora, and our local Office Vision (for on campus e-mail) open at the same
time. Usually there are several documents in the wordprocessor and
spreadsheet in process simultaneously. This is all running on a Pentium pc
(running at 75 MHz). What's your problem?

I also have a PC at home , it is in the bottom of a closet.

I do too, but it is a 286 with 1.5 megabytes of RAM.

Tish Richey
prichey@venus.net
500 South Gardner Street
Scottsburg High School