Re: MAC vs. PC (Was Computers)

George Spagna writes:
Has anybody noticed that the MAC vs MS/Intel argument often takes on the
flavor of a theological discussion on the number of angels who can dance on
the head of a pin?

Use the tool you want to use; please don't try to convince me that I'm
using the wrong hammer!

I havn't really noticed anyone trying to convince others to change
platforms. Remember, the thread got started when someone asked for
opinions on what he should buy.

The Mac users have tended to say they are very happy with what they
have, while pointing to problems they've noticed wintel users
having.

PC advocates have tended to say that PCs are just as good, have more
software, and Apple is going out of business.

This pretty well summarizes the arguments the two sides have been
making for years. Mac users (I'm one) genuinely feel there is a
real difference. I actually feel I have an advantage with the Mac.
This comes from real daily experience using it, not from specualation
about imaginary beings. I'm not trying to convince anyone to switch,
but I have no hesitation in recommending the Mac if someone asks.

Bob Estes