Re: The Biological basis of thinking and learning

A thought!
In my new role as a liasion to school systems working to implement curriculum
consistant with state and national standards, I came upon a paper by Lawrence
Lowery. The paper,
"The Biological Basis of Thinking and Learning" seems to go beyond Piagetian
stages of develoment to suggest seven stages of thinking capabilities that
children move through. He refers to learners as "pattern seekers."

I have not seen this discussed on the list and wondered how this idea relates
to a cognitive theory of the learner who reconstructs understanding and
reasoning.
Paul