Re: Sorry

Joel writes:

After!! I sent this, I got the messages that were being quoted and had the
references. This seems to be a problem I have that I don't get phys-l
messages in temporal order. Do others have this problem? Is it a problem
with phys-l and how it sends out the messages or is it a problem with my
home institution network, in that they aren't forwarding to me in the
temporal order that they arrive.

Just to add to what Paul said:

It's the nature of the internet. Maybe a name server is temporarily down so
your mail goes into a queue at our site to be retried in a couple of hours.
Maybe your local mail agent goes down so your mail sits in a queue at your
end for delivery until it comes up again. Indeed, pieces of your incoming
message take different paths through the internet and the entire message
can't be reassembled until the last piece arrives. Any number of reasons.

Dick Smith
Department of Physics
The University of West Florida
Pensacola, FL 32514