Re: HTML Editor

In message <2.2.16.19960806162637.12afda04@Storm.Snow.edu> writes:

This is quite off topic, but the members of this list are so knowledgeable
and I am begriming to feel closed in by all this tech advancement.

Where can I go for help in understanding how to edit HTML pages???

Would any of you be willing to answer questions off list? I'll send you a
co-tidal map as an honorarium. (:-)

I have no idea what I am doing -- and it would seem that our sysops are
trying to catch up too. (:-)

Is there an opinion on the list as to which HTML editor is best? I have a
free version of HoTMetaL, but I can't see that it will do WYSIWYG. I think
PageMaker will do this, but I don't want to contribute to Bill's domination
of the galaxy. How is Navigator Gold -- would require that I install WIN95
-- a frightening thought.

Is there an opinion as to which graphics editor is best?

Am I asking the right questions??????

Cheap is good.

Elizabeth Castro's book HTML For The World Wide Web is excellent. It has
multiple examples and the examples can be accessed at a web site also. I started
just using a simple text editor on my Mac (SimpleText) but I then found several
Mac HTML editors on the net as shareware. I tried HoTMetaL for the Mac but I
found an editor called PageSpinner worked better for me. I don't know if it is
available for Windows.

Harold B-)