Re: HTML Editor

In <2.2.16.19960806162637.12afda04@Storm.Snow.edu> Jim Green <Jim.Green@Snow.edu> writes:
Is there an opinion on the list as to which HTML editor is best? I have a
free version of HoTMetaL, but I can't see that it will do WYSIWYG. I think
PageMaker will do this, but I don't want to contribute to Bill's domination
of the galaxy. How is Navigator Gold -- would require that I install WIN95
-- a frightening thought.

You don't need a special html-Editor like HoTMetal or others. You can work with
any easy editor. This can be the integrated Windows-Editor or the Norton-Commander-
Editor or the DOS-Editor and so on. If you want to see, what you have done, start
Netscape and load your html-textfile. So You Can See What You Want ... :-)))))

It's also possible to create the html-page with WinWord as a doc-file. In this case
you have your WYSIWYG. You can transform the textfile to html-format with the
build-in-transformation program or with wordia.exe. This program is free and available
at Microsoft or any other ftp-server.

Is there an opinion as to which graphics editor is best?

No, you can use any editor. There is only one important thing to remember:
"real" pictures should be sved as a jpeg-file and drawings as a gif-file.
So your graphic-files will be as small as possible.

Herbert

--
eMail: voss@ck.be.schule.de
Herbert_Voss@msn.com