Re: Macs with PC cards

On Tue, 23 Jul 1996, Alex. F. Burr wrote:
The short answer to the Mac - PC question is that there is almost
nothing the the PC cannot do better, cheaper.
-
All the internet stuff is being written for the PC with the Mac a
distant afterthought.
-
(The above is written by a former member of the AAPT Mac Users group
which has disbanded due to lack of interest)

Anyone who knows me knows I'm a PC person, and I have to chime in with
Alex. I would also like to add that you have to take support into
consideration too. With the Mac share of the market quickly shrinking,
support for hardware and quality software will probably dry up in the next
two to three years.

I belive I heard today that Macintosh lost 30 Million in sales this last
year. Not as much as expected but still not a good sign for them. I sort
of feel bad for them because it is a very user friendly machine and they
did lots of good things for the industry.

NOTE: Let's not turn this into a Mac vs PC war agian.
--
James Bradford Shue jshue@comp.uark.edu
University of Arkansas Voice phone:(501) 575-6059