Re: Macs with PC cards

Alex. F. Burr says:

The short answer to the Mac - PC question is that there is almost
nothing the the PC cannot do better, cheaper.
-

:-) Actually, there is a rather large set of things that they can't do:
:-) They can't run Mac software!
:-)

All the internet stuff is being written for the PC with the Mac a
distant afterthought.
-

But seriously, could you elaborate a bit? I'm a Mac user, but wouldn't
claim that Macs are better because of my complete ignorance of the PC
world. My impression has been that good software is available for both,
and what you gain with the PC is the ability to choose from a wider variety
of poor software. For example, who cares if other WWW applications don't
have Mac versions, as long as Netscape has a Mac version.

What are some things that PC can do and Macs can't?

--
--James McLean
jmclean@chem.ucsd.edu