RE: Virtual Particles

Hi Jim Green-
You ask-
I have another question:

Which of the allegedly virtual particles exhibit the property of mass?

I don't mean to resurrect the discussion of a few months ago re photon mass
about the equivalence of mass/energy.

And I don't know how to frame the question so that we don't get too
convoluted here.

I mean do gluons, the weak bosons, and possibly gravitons exhibit the
property of mass in the same way that quarks and leptons exhibit the
property of mass?
*****************************
Like my image of a good teacher, I'll try to help you frame the
question rather than display my knowledge of the topics that you have
mentioned.
1. What do you mean by the "property of mass"? In particular,
what kind of experiment do you have in mind?
2. In what way do quarks "display the property of mass"? And
which kind of quarks do you have in mind, QCD quarks or the Lipkin/Dalitz
et al constituent quarks?
3. What do gluons, the weak bosons, and "possibly gravitons"
have in common that you lump them together?
4. Why do you call the weak bosons virtual, since they can
be produced and identified using conservation of energy-momentum?
Regards,
Jack

"What did Barrow's lectures contain? Bourbaki writes with some
scorn that in his book in a hundred pages of the text there are about
180 drawings (citation). (Concerning Bourbaki's books it can be said
that in a thousand pages there is not one drawing, and it is not at all
clear which is worse)." Arnold, "Huygens & Barrow, Newton & Hooke", p 40. Jack