Re: Physics First

I find it hard to teach meaningful, evern conceptual, Physics until students
can think proportionately. Piaget tells us that this requires a certain level
of intelectual development, not normally achieved in ninth grade. I don't
particularly like trying to teach Physics to students who are not at least
juniors.

As much as I like Lowell's idea of integrated science, our district is
plagued with a 25% mobility rate which make such a program hard to mesh with
students comoing and going.

ken fox