Re: [Phys-L] Sun going around the Earth?

To add another consideration to JD's point about the planets orbiting Earth, it would be difficult to posit a first-order neo-gravitational interaction with Earth which would provide for their orbits without having the gravity of the Sun. The Sun is definitely the gravitational king of the solar system, not the Earth. If you demand to have a true geocentric **model** with the Earth dominating at (or near) the center, you also need a planet/Earth interaction which dominates.

I'm wondering now, whether a Tychonian picture with elliptical orbits could be nicely drawn. Of course, it all comes back to what is the first-order interaction which keeps the planets in the system: the Sun's gravity, not the Earth's.