[Phys-L] interested in reviewing a new interactive physics workbook for middle school

Building on the success of my prior interactive physics workbook (for high
school/college), I have almost completed a middle school workbook of 30
simulations in interactive physics for grades 5-8. *I need reviewer*s. The
time commitment is not too bad, I estimate about 10 hours to review 15 of
them. I need a few people. They are amazing!

Incentive - *Design simulation will** send you a free complete 1 year full
version of interactive physics* and then i would send 15 simulations and
the accompanying lessons in pdf (and the teacher solutions). note that of
the 15, 6 of them are two levels of the same simulation - so less work. No
prior experience with interactive physics is needed.

i would want feedback on the following as a minimum

does the level seem right? are they too long?

are they engaging?

is there information missing? - for the students to do them (note there
will be a supplement for teachers with more physics info and all the
answers)

any typos or errors (although these should be at a minimum) and only if a
part of the text is unclear - indicate that - but you could send a
suggestion or not

we think we have all of the bugs worked out but certainly if a simulation
doesnt function right we would want to know the problem

would you recommend to 5-8 teachers? why? - a few bullet points would be
great

*if you can give more info then design simulation upon my recommendation
would change the license to perpetual! (i.e. forever)*

let me know as soon as possible

i would have them to you by the end of march and would hope for reviews in
2 - 3 weeks. They can come in batches.

please email me off list if interested schwarz@vassar.edu

if not interested in reviewing but interested in eventual book (probably
released early summer - let me know - the high school/college version
should be coming late summer - so may need people for that as well - same
deal for reviewing that one.

cindy

p.s. if you know a middle school teacher who might be interested - ask them
to contact me - it doesnt have to be someone who does physical science
topics

p.p.s. note you need a windows machine or a mac running parallels