Re: [Phys-L] Carnot (?) efficiency of non-Carnot cycles

On 3/6/2015 5:31 PM, Bernard Cleyet wrote:

Try this:
https://www.av8n.com/physics/thermo/classical.html#sec-stirling

Obviously that's very new and very drafty.
//

Oh dear. Perhaps, as a start, we could review the idea of the ?
You know - having to do with volume?

synonyms: isometric, constant volume:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isochoric_process

bc thinks Wiki. often useful.

Brian Whatcott

It was not the constant volume characteristic of the Stirling that was worrying me ,
it was John's use of a T,V diagram rather than a T,P diagram.

Brian W